Thursday 15 July 2010

New York


It has been a while since there was some proper entries on here so what else could be a better topic than my recent visit to New York city? Having spent the past weeks there, I am still feeling the great buzz of it all! Especially as the Earth Couture concept got such a great response. While spreading the Earth Couture word I had the pleasure of meeting Julie Gilhart (pictured below).




As the fashion director of Barneys New York with a passion for more ethical fashion, this was quite simply the most amazing experience ever! We talked not only about the problems that currently face ethical fashion but also the great opportunities that need to come of a greenerfashion industry. Truly a discussion of green power!

I know that style.com had done an interview with Julie back in April 2010 concerning this topic so have a look as it's well worth reading:


Along with meeting Julie Gilhart, I also had the pleasure of meeting with all the other major department stores in New York city...and although I cannot discuss future stockists as of yet, I can confirm the very exciting news that Earth Couture will be entering the US markets soon!

Watch this space :)

No comments:

Post a Comment